Michael (Mike) Ericson practices in the areas of Toxic, Mass Tort, and Environmental Law; Tort Litigation; and Product Liability. His practice background includes more than 18 years of litigation experience, including trial experience as first-chair attorney. He primarily defends complex toxic tort cases involving asbestos and talcum powder in state and federal courts in multiple jurisdictions around the country.
Prior to joining Cowles Thompson, Mike practiced civil and criminal law for 17 years in his solo practice, The Law Office of Michael P. Ericson.
- J.D., with honors, Drake University Law School, 2004
- Research Assistant for Professor Keith Miller, Ellis and Nelle Levitt Distinguished Professor of Law
- Finalist-Moot Court Oral Argument Competition
- M.A., Mass Communication Law, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2001
- Graduate Assistantship: Teaching Assistant, “Law of Mass Communication” (Four Semesters)
- B.A., Political Science, University of Richmond, 1998
- Full-tuition, merit-based scholarship
- State Bar of Wisconsin, 2010
- State Bar of Iowa, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Iowa, 2005
- Dallas Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Practices Section
-Toxic, Mass Tort, and Environmental Law