Cowles and Thompson Coverage and Insurance Litigation attorneys have represented insurance and risk management interests for decades, and possess deep experience to provide opinions on all lines of insurance and all types of policies. We have served as counsel to numerous property and casualty insurance companies, professional liability underwriters, life insurance companies, and reinsurance companies.
Our insurance coverage attorneys are trial attorneys with actual courtroom experience litigating complex coverage, bad faith, and other related issues. Our attorneys stand ready to defend the positions recommended to our clients and are experienced in analysis of most types of coverage including:
- General liability
- Commercial and personal auto
- UM and UIM
- Commercial property policies
- Excess and umbrella policies
- Construction wrap-up policies (Owner-Controlled Insurance Program — OCIP)
- Environmental and toxic tort issues
- Professional liability
- Directors & Officers
- Workers’ Compensation/employers liability and employer indemnity
In addition to the above, we have cultivated an in-depth understanding of underwriting and policy coverage issues that affect the businesses and legal issues of our non-insurance clients, enabling us to extend our ability to advise and prepare our clients for the future.