Michelle V. Alonzo is a Shareholder in the Cowles and Thompson Immigration Practice Group. She focuses on employment-based immigration matters, where her experience includes:
- handling H-1B professional worker visas
- O-1 extraordinary ability visas
- E-1/E-2 treaty investor
- L-1 transfer visas
- TN temporary work visas for citizens of Canada & Mexico
- E-3 professional worker visas for Australian nationals
- permanent residence applications based upon labor certification
- extraordinary ability aliens, and multinational managers and executives.
Additionally, she has represented hundreds of individuals in obtaining legal permanent residence through family-based sponsorship and has assisted aspiring entrepreneurs, world-renowned athletes, and DREAMERs.
Michelle has experience with deportation defense and appeals before the Board of Immigration Appeals, as well as preparing waivers for clients proceeding before the U.S. consulates abroad for their immigrant visas. She has also practiced immigration law in Houston, Texas, where she assisted clients with family-based immigration, deportation defense, and naturalization.
J.D., Houston College of Law (formerly South Texas College of Law), 2007
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Advocate, Regional Finalist, 2006
- Hispanic Law Student Association
B.B.A., International Business, St. Mary’s University in San Antonio, 2001